Urban South Brewery – Florida Sales Manager – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
Urban South Brewery
Apply for Job
The Florida Sales Manager is responsible for leading the Florida sales team to reach sales targets, managing distributor partners, and expanding our distribution footprint while adhering to the overall values and goals of Perfect Plain Brewing Company (PPBC) and Urban South Brewery (USB). This position will be responsible for all aspects of distribution of both brands within the state, including distributor management, national accounts, and personnel management.
- A distribution pro – you have worked for a distributor or distributing brewery and understand the ins and outs and crazy lingo of this world.
- Organization is your jam – in order to execute your job at a high level, you have crafted organizational systems that keep you on track and exude professionalism.
- You can wear a lot of hats – you like selling to on premise accounts as much as you like creating a sales presentation for a chain account buyer; you aren’t afraid to seek out festival sponsorships or other marketing opportunities that align with our brand.
- Spreadsheets are fun – you are able to utilize our CRM to develop spreadsheets to help analyze our business.
- A passionate leader – you are scrappy, efficient, and confident as you solve problems; and you inspire others to follow suit.
- Nimble-minded – change and innovation are critical to our success, and that excites you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and advance the company’s mission and vision.
- Embody our core values and core competencies.
- Establish and deliver account volume, revenue, and sales goals for both brands.
- Manage relationships with distributor partners to build sales from the ground up and ensure ongoing and increasing sales including, but not limited to:
- Meetings with brand managers, distributor marketing budget management, presentations at distributor sales meetings, annual business plans, pricing strategy, new item submission.
- Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve sales objectives, including the development and oversight of wholesaler programming.
- Visit buyers from assigned key accounts on a regular frequency.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, and management of market specific sales staff.
- Establish a sales plan to achieve quarterly sales projections.
- Oversee community partnerships, seeking out opportunities rather than waiting to be approached.
- Work with the Director of Packaging Operations to coordinate monthly orders from distributors.
- As this is a senior leadership position, the Florida Sakes Manager will be required to attend all management meetings and participate in all company meetings.
- Hold sales meetings where objectives and goals are shared.
- Hire and manage a sales rep in the Pensacola area.
- Complete annual performance reviews for team members.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system and of state alcohol laws.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will be done at brewery offices and in business accounts.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Urban South’s beer are required.
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Apply for Job