Switchback Brewing Company – Sales Manager – Brewbound.com Craft Beer Job Listing
Switchback Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
We are looking for a full time Sales Manager.
Dreaming big is the Switchback way. Brewing Vermont’s most loved beer and creating meaningful experiences is what inspires us. We are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. As sales manager, you will be responsible for managing and guiding the efficient tasking of our sales organization and field reps. This includes forecasting, trade marketing, business and wholesaler development, pricing and promotion analysis, and key account management.
- Manage lead, motivate, and develop personnel including selection, performance management, and employee relations. Schedule and conduct ride-with and team sells as required.
- Develop and execute programs to drive key sales objectives.
- Programs must prioritize time and resource investments by territory and by expected return on investment.
- Develop, implement, and monitor key performance indicators as it relates to the sales team and territories.
- Annually meet with wholesalers to establish annual business plan and monitor progress quarterly.
- Maintain retail call frequency as required
- Establish and monitor quality control standards (product freshness in field)
- Ensure compliance with all legal guidelines, state and distributor product registration requirements, and wholesaler agreements.
- Respond, investigate, and resolve retailer questions and concerns.
- Manage expenses and investment by field rep. and territory.
- Call on chain buyer to develop and implement retail chain programs.
- Participate in samplings to support brand awareness and consumer trials.
- Work Location: Burlington, VT.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Highly organized with ability to manage priorities and coordinate multiple projects.
- Develop and deliver presentations. Communicate using analytics and trend data as appropriate.
- Computer use competency, especially Microsoft Excel. Experience with Vermont Information Processing (iDIG, Karma), Nielsen/IRI data preferred.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated coaching skills, supervisory experience preferred.
- 4 years’ experience in the beverage or consumer products industry. Experience working with chains desirable.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent desirable.
- Be able to lift and carry 25 pounds (case of beer) from the ground to their waist. Be able to move 50 pounds (sixth barrel keg) short distances and have the flexibility and dexterity to avoid obstacles.
- Valid Driver’s License with proof of insurance.
- Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings and weekends).
- 50% Travel Required.
Our culture, heritage, and future, we are always looking forward, seeking new ways to meet life’s moments and challenges. Inspiring employees and reimagining what a beer company can be, we provide more opportunity for our people, lift up our neighbors, and make a meaningful difference in the world.
Cheers to a future that everyone can celebrate.
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Wellness
- Life Insurance and Disability Income Protection
- Generous Parental Leave policies
- 401(k) Retirement Savings options with a company matching contribution
- Chance to work in a fast-paced environment among a company of owners
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Eligible after 1 year of employment and worked 1,000 hours.
- Then all you have to do is work hard and help the company succeed, you will earn shares in the company annually.
Apply for this Job