Sanitation Markets and Supply Chain Lead – Liberia
Based in Monrovia, Liberia
Up to 20% travel within Liberia
Reports to Senior Advisor, Sanitation Markets
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using its global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks a Sanitation Markets and Supply Chain Lead to join our team for the USAID-funded Countywide Sanitation Activity. The project aims to achieve universal adoption of basic sanitation in five counties of Liberia. The Sanitation Markets and Supply Chain Lead will drive and enable growth in the sanitation and hygiene market by promoting business models; strengthening technical, marketing, and sales capacity of local businesses; building supply chains, and building training and incubation services to improve the sustainable delivery of sanitation and hygiene products and services to households. The Lead will grow the ability of private enterprises, including manufacturers, distributers, retailers, and service providers operating in Liberia to deliver sanitation and hygiene products and services. The Lead will identify barriers and opportunities in the market and provide recommendations to strengthen the commercialization and supply of products and services to low-income consumers, including guidance on distribution, product manufacturing, and sales. The Lead will develop a financially sustainable, transformative, replicable, and locally owned sanitation marketplace in the target counties of Liberia.
- Manage and supervise business development activities including market landscaping, business partner assessment, developing MOUs and agreements, mapping and analysis, product development, training programs, and executing sales and marketing
- Introduce methods that strengthen the market and the supply of sanitation products and services to low-income consumers, including guidance on commercialization, importing, manufacturing, distribution, and retail
- Create sustainable business models that lay out the product offerings, pricing structure, and sound P&L calculations
- Support capacity development of all project partners including establishing curriculum and training modules
- Study, test, and recommend a subsidy approach for the project to accelerate progress towards universal coverage of sanitation without distorting the market and supply chain
- Establish and implement consumer and enterprise financing activities
- Develop and oversee the ongoing execution of the monitoring and evaluation framework and systematically review the data for tracking project performance and results
- Engage with relevant government/local partners to ensure the institutionalization of capacity development for the market and supply chain actors
- Support market research, concept and prototype development for new products and services in line with overall project strategy
- Contribute to learning by writing up project lessons and being active in dissemination
- Avoid supply chain challenges to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of goods
- Train and coach project staff, partners, enterprises, and sales agents in door-to-door sales
- Build the capacity of enterprises to plan and execute commercial marketing strategies
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in management, business administration, economics, finance, or related fields with six (6) years of demonstrated experience out of which four (4) years at a managerial level; bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., marketing, advertising, public health)
- Or bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, economics, finance, or related fields with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience out of which four (4) years at a managerial level
- Demonstrated experience in relevant areas such as general business management, private sector delivery of water and sanitation services, sales and marketing, supply chain strengthening, social entrepreneurship
- Experience designing and executing sales and marketing strategies. Demonstrated experience (preferably private sector) developing the capacity of others in marketing and sales through training, supervision, coaching, and mentorship
- Experience providing business development support to private sector actors.
- Creative, nimble, and adaptive thinker and implementer with experience using data for decision making
- A passion for learning, partnership development, knowledge sharing, capacity building, and a positive and action-oriented attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Citizen of Liberia
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]**by September 30, 2022. Subject: Sanitation Markets and Supply Chain Lead**
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.