Manager, Corporate Services (Readvertisement) – Senegal
Reporting to the Head of Country Cluster Delegation, the purpose of this position is to lead a unit which ensures the smooth operation of cluster corporate services in a coordinated manner, while supporting the national society development agenda. The Support Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the planning, management and monitoring of available resources to deliver on agreed activities for Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology and Digital Transformation, Logistics and Procurement, Business Continuity and Security for the Country Cluster Delegation.
Coordination of Support Services
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Head of Country Cluster Delegation in matters pertaining to areas of responsibilities.
- Ensure overall organizational coherence and coordination, proper risk management, compliance, and oversight.
- Lead the development of meaningful corporate systems, programs, policies and tools, the effective delivery of corporate services and the efficient provision of administrative support within the Cluster Office.
- Support and supervise staff, provide them with needed guidance to ensure they achieve desired results in their duties and responsibilities.
- Act as a technical support, advisor to the National Societies supported by the Country Cluster delegation on corporate services functions. Ensure regular activities around capacity enhancement is carried in coordination with National Societies.
Service Delivery and Improvement
- Oversee the contracting of an independent high quality legal advisor to support the needs of the Country Cluster Delegation.
- Oversee the effective implementation of IFRC’s business continuity policy and ensure coordination and alignment to the global policy while considering national contexts and legal frameworks.
- Responsible for the planning, management and monitoring of the Business Continuity plan. Advise and support National Societies in the realm of Business Continuity as needed.
- Ensure that all IFRC structures and operations in the office and areas of operation are compliant with the Minimum-Security Requirements (MSR). Provide adequate protection for all personnel, assets, and operations under IFRC responsibility by ensuring all identified safety and security threats are prevented or mitigated.
- Ensure that comprehensive and effective 24/7 security management has a positive impact on operational practices. Ensure that all security management procedures and policies in place are adequately developed.
Human Resource Management function:
Oversee the establishment of a cohesive approach to all aspects of human resources management – including talent acquisition and management, staff development, HR analytics and reporting, performance, learning and development, compensation and benefits, and compliance.
- Provide overall supervision to the Human Resources Staff; Senior Officer, Corporate Services (Finance and Human Resources).
- Contribute to the understanding, implementation and adherence to human resource policies and procedures and to the IFRC competency framework.
- Ensure timely renewal of staff contracts, performance evaluations, updating of National Staff Regulations, annexes, policies, recruitment processes, Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) revision and salary survey if required.
- Provide timely, accurate and appropriate advice to managers and staff in relation to human resource management issues.
- Supervise the effective induction of new staff, including completion of appropriate payroll and other documentation.
- Ensure that effective and confidential record-keeping and data management systems are implemented in relation to:
- Personal files
- Occupational health and safety
- Workers compensation and rehabilitation
- Performance review and development
- Training and development
Financial Services and Internal Control Framework
Lead financial planning, management and monitoring of resources for effective and efficient delivery for the Cluster office.
- Provide overall supervision to Officer, Corporate Services (Finance and Human Resources).
- Ensure all IFRC regular financial transactions, cash management and its documentation are made in a timely manner in accordance with current IFRC guidelines, policies, and regulations.
- Together with Programme Managers and regional finance colleagues, prepare, revise and update IFRC-funded project budgets.
- Prepare Financial Reports to donors, including the balancing of accounts, handover notes etc.
- Ensure project agreement are in place for the cash transfer system, with clear budget breakdown, project plan, implementation timeframe, and reporting deadlines.
- Monitor cash requests and analysis vs project agreement signed.
- Together with IFRC Regional Office in Nairobi, manage Cash Pledges and reporting to donors.
- Ensure that donor and IFRC guidelines are strictly adhered to in programme implementation.
- Ensure efficient financial communication and coordination between Country Cluster Delegation and IFRC Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Ensure highest standards of financial reporting.
- Support the improvement of NS finances performance management.
Management and supervision of administrative, logistics and IT functions.
Ensure the effective and efficient provision of administrative services (e.g., meetings and conferences, translation and interpreting, archiving, insurance, travel, building and office) in the Cluster office.
- Provide overall supervision to the Officer, Corporate Services (Admin, IT and Logistics).
- Develop and maintain clear and efficient Country Cluster Delegation Office – Dakar Administrative procedures aligned with IFRC processes and procedures.
- Ensure the timely provision of administrative services to IFRC delegates (both in the office and at the residencies) and to national staff when requested.
- Ensure the timely provision of administrative services to PNSs as required under Integration or Service Agreements.
- Coordinate and manage effective information management systems, including filing (electronic and hard copy), library resources, guidelines, policies, databases, and correspondence.
- Ensure effective management of all contracts, agreements, MOUs and other legal documents.
Information Technology and Digital Transformation
Support the delivery of Secretariat digital business transformation as well as a high-quality IT infrastructure and telecommunications services, collaboration, and coherence on delivering the Federation´s digital transformation strategy at membership level in close cohesion with the Regional Office IT Colleagues.
- Oversee the support provided by Support Services Officer (Admin, IT and Logs) to different users/stakeholders and ensure IFRC standard protocols are followed and adhered.
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products such as infographics, dashboards and maps for information sharing and dissemination to relevant stakeholders.
Supply Chain Management
Lead overall coordination and management of supply chain activities while ensuring that resources are in line with the Federation´s GLS strategy. Ensure that procurement objectives are met and optimize service quality and cost/commercial effectiveness.
- With close cohesion among various stakeholders and partners, co-ordinate and manage country-level logistics support for IFRC activities in-line with IFRC standards, practices and procedures.
- Lead co-ordination with other humanitarian/government agencies at cluster to ensure the delivery of a right quality logistics service that meets the needs of partners and services users, avoids duplication, and focuses upon the provision of aid to the vulnerable.
- Ensure the most optimal and cost-effective sourcing options are explored (considering available Global Framework Agreements).
- Supervise the activities around local procurement, ensuring compliance with the IFRC procurement procedures for logistics requisitioning, local tendering, comparative bid analysis, and awarding of contract, and keep records to full audit trail standard.
- Ensure IFRC fleet (all assets deployed in operation including IFRC and integrated PNS resources at a country level in-line with GLS strategies/ procedures and Fleet Manual as well as other guidance, standards and processes to ensure a high-quality service provision to meet requirements and service users with objectives of safety, environmental control and fleet management
- Provide advice and contracts for goods and services required by the Country Cluster Delegation.
Effective matrix and people management
- Ensure a well-managed team while promoting a culture of performance and continuous learning.
- Contribute to the effective coordination with technical units within the structure of the Regional office.
- Ensure effective coordination with focal points from other different IFRC offices.
How to apply
This is a national staff position, open to nationals of Senegal and those with work permits for Senegal.
Candidates are requested to apply before 21 September 2022 through the IFRC website on the link below: