Business Support Officer job with KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
The Brand and& Marketing department at King’s College London is seeking an experienced Business Support Officer to provide high quality administrative support on the day-to-day operations of our Contact Centre. This includes front line support for Contract Centre enquiries.
The Contact Centre was started in 2021 to proactively contact prospective students in a variety of channels. Alongside this, they also provide prospective students with support and guidance relating to their application or offer, and reassurance with their decision making. This has since been expanded to include enquiries from current students.
This service is managed on behalf of King’s by a third party.
The Brand and Marketing department provide a variety of services to the University that include Brand, Marketing and Market Research; Portfolio and Pricing; Student Recruitment; Externally Facing Digital Platforms; Partner and Influencer Management and the University’s Relationship Management Service. The Contact Centre sits within the Relationship Management domain.
This post will be offered on a 0.6FTE, permanent basis.
• Project management of a medium-large agency
• First point of contact for enquiries sent from the Contact Centre
• Routing enquiries to the correct department within King’s
• Creating, maintaining and distributing answers to FAQs to the Contact Centre
• Managing and checking reports, flagging discrepancies and ensuring key points of interest or issues are addressed
• Stakeholder management including internal stakeholders such as representatives from relevant departments within King’s, and external stakeholders such as agencies or suppliers
• Attending weekly meetings to go through reports and trends. Taking charge of key points of interest and issues, ensuring the necessary stakeholders are aware
• Maintaining relationships between the Contact Centre and King’s stakeholders
• Ensuring the reporting schedule is adhered to and the necessary milestones and deliverables are met, by both King’s and the Contact Centre
• An escalation contact point for our third-party
• Working flexibly as part of a wider team to achieve deliverables
• Internal communication to relevant departments regarding Contact Centre
• Tracking spends towards Contact Centre
• Maintaining budgets
• Continuously maintaining and improving processes and procedures pertaining to the management of the Contact Centre
• Supporting the process of transforming information for operational reporting into actionable insights.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
Key skills include:
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Creativity and problem-solving
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent IT skills including use of Excel
• Experience with administrative duties
• Ability to work both independently and part of a team
1. Educated to A-level or above
2. Strong project management experience
3. Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
4. Experience with interpreting data
5. Experience with informative reports
6. Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
7. Highly creative with strong problem-solving skills
8. Experience of stakeholder management in medium to large-scale projects
1. Experience in a similar role
2. Understanding of the HE environment